How does it work?
Have you ever wanted to study Italian in Italy? It is known that the best way to learn a language is to study in a country that speaks the language, in order to fully immerse yourself. If you would like to learn Italian in Italy, read our 5 steps below.
5 Steps to Studying Italian in Italy with ELLCI
- Choose a course: go through the list of the courses and choose one that interests you the most. We offer the courses at all times and all levels. In addition to the general Italian courses, you can choose a specialised course, a corporate course, a study holiday, a course for seniors and many more. Keep in mind that if you need a Student Visa, your chosen course must be of 20 hours per week, such as our Standard, Annual or 2 Year Courses.
- Help to choose the right course: if you have any questions or need some advice when choosing your course to learn Italian in Ittaly, please fill in the “contact us” form and you will receive all the necessary assistance.
- Choose the start date for your course: if your level is an absolute beginner, look at the dates of the start of the courses that are on the calendar. Beginner courses start once or twice every month. If you are not a beginner, you can start any Monday. Before you start the course you will receive the Italian test to assess your level.
- Choose the additional services: if you wish, you can request the reservation of accommodation according to the different types of accommodations offered by the school, or the transfer from the Malpensa or Linate airports.
- Enrol and learn Italian! The system will guide you according to your choices by indicating all the costs and the total amount. You will learn to speak, read and write in Italian, together with other people from all over the world.
Payment: You can make the online payment by choosing one of the following options: bank transfer, credit card, Paypal. If you do not require a Student Visa, you can choose the option to pay only 30% of the course fee in advance. You will receive a notification to pay the remaining amount 15 days before the start of your course.
Student Visa: you must choose the option for an advance payment in full, and you will receive the original documents issued by the school for your visa application at the consulate of Italy to your home address. The dispatch of the documentation costs 60 €.
Information prior to the start of the classes: a few days before the start of your course you will receive a confirmation letter through email with the details related to your course, accommodation, transport, also the addresses, telephone numbers and the details of how to reach the school.
The first day at school: you will need to arrive at school 15 minutes before the start of the class begins with a copy of your confirmation letter. You will be welcomed by the staff of ELLCI and you will receive a textbook.
Assistance: at the end of the lesson you can ask the secretary for the assistance about your stay in Italy, for example, the application form for a residence permit, information about the phone cards, other services, shopping and travel advice, etc..
Material: all you need is a pen and a notebook.
Final certification: at the end of your course, you can take an exam and receive a certificate of knowledge of the Italian language according to the European Council Reference framework.
Discover our courses by clicking this link and you’ll be one step closer to studying Italian in Italy.