How to get the Green Pass to travel to Italy – summer 2021
The Green Pass, the new digital pass
From 15 June, to travel in Italy and Europe you need a “green pass”.
The green pass is a document that certifies that you are vaccinated, recovered less than 6 months from covid-19 or that you have a negative swab in the last 48 hours.
From 6 August, the green pass is also required to enter public places such as: restaurants, museums, cultural sites, theaters, cinemas, gyms, swimming pools and spas.
The green pass is a document with a digital QR code that certifies your identity and your data. It is released when:
- a vaccine has been completed and is valid for 6 months,
- a doctor can declare that you have recovered from Covid-19 in the past 6 months or
- Testing negative within the last 48 hours. Specifically rapid or molecular antigen test with negative SARS-Co-V-2 virus result. (in Italian: test antigenico rapido o molecolare con esito negativo al virus SARS-Co-V-2)
How to get the green pass: booking of the Anti-COVID-19 vaccine for foreign citizens in Milan
If you are a foreign citizen, you can book your covid-19 vaccination through the dedicated website of the Lombardy Region.
The steps are simple. If you already have the Italian tax code, you can book immediately.
If you only have your passport, don’t worry, you can still book your vaccine in Italy, you just have to complete a pre-registration before accessing the service.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE RESIDENCE PERMIT, THE ITALIAN TAX CODE OR THE STP CODE
Follow these steps.
- Open the page -> https://start.prenotazionevaccinicovid.regione.lombardia.it/cit/#/login
- Click on the penultimate link on the page
- The page Registrazione pre-adesione Vaccino Anti-Covid 19 opens.
- Fill in the fields with your details and then complete the reservation.
IF YOU ONLY HAVE YOUR PASSPORT: PRE-ACCESSION PHASE
Call the Coronavirus toll-free number of the Lombardy Region
call from Monday to Sunday from 8 to 20
you need to call from your mobile.
Press Key 1.
A recorded tape gives you some options, choose number 3: “digita 3 se sei un cittadino straniero temporaneamente presente il Lombardia, non possiedi il codice fiscale e necessiti di un codice per la prenotazione del vaccino anti Covid-19”/”type 3 if you are a foreign citizen temporarily present in Lombardy, you do not have a tax code and you need a code for booking the anti Covid-19 vaccine”.
Hold on to speak to an operator until she/he answers.
The operator will perform the “pre-accession” and assign an “STP” code which is immediately communicated by telephone.
The pre-accession phase is over. After 2/3 days – even if the confirmation SMS does not arrive – you can book: by calling the toll-free number 800894545 or through the portal following the directions described above.
You can download your green pass with its QR code in three ways:
1) from the Immuni Italian government public services app
2) from the public services app of the Italian government IO
2) from the site https://www.dgc.gov.it
US citizens travelling to Italy
If you have been vaccinated in the United States, you can prove it via the “white card” with the CDC logo available from the CDC V-Safe app, at the vaccination center or your doctor.
You must complete the EU digital passenger tracking form https://app.euplf.eu/#/ before starting your journey. Failure to complete the location form may result in delays on arrival.
To enter Italy from abroad, complete the survey created by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It will tell you which documents and protocols you will need to follow.
Get the green pass in the Italian pharmacies
You get tested at the nearest Italian pharmacy and get the digital Green Pass.